"The voice of life in me cannot reach the ears of life in you.
But let us talk that we may not feel lonely" -Khalil Gibran






Feb 28, 2018

Mango chicken pizza

" No ma'am , as I said, it is not on the menu. I have been working here 5 years and I don't remember ever seeing that in the menu"
She looked again. The waitress was right. Mango chicken pizza was not an item on their exquisite menu.
" Are you sure you had that pizza from one of our restaurants? And how long back did you say"?
" I don't know dear...it must have been a long time, you see I am an old woman, and may be my memory doesn't serve me right, so that's fine. I ll just have a hot coffee"

But in her mind, she knew this exact spot is where she sat, many many years ago...on this same day...and she thought crazily enough, she could even recollect the unevenly distributed chunks of mango on their pizza.

She also remembered the tables were not so close enough then, like they were now, for her neighbour to intrude into their conversation.
" I know exactly what it feels like .. I had the same craving for Danish chocolate pastries. I don't know why they don't make them anymore. It's like you remember the taste,  and you miss it..and you just want to relish it again, isn't it?"
No! she was wrong. It was not about the taste or missing your favorite taste from the past. This was not her favorite restaurant and she even recollected she did not like the taste of what they called as their  signature pizza then. 

It was the moment she wanted to recreate...it was the overwhelming touch of inner joy she was trying to replay...to assure herself that one of her most precious treasure of memories was still safe in her heart.

No comments: